Terms & Conditions for Scholar Driving School
Please read through our terms and conditions carefully. If you have any questions about our terms, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make payments to the instructor at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time. If payments are not made, the instructor may not turn up for the lesson and you will still be subject to charges at the current lesson rate before any further lessons are arranged.
- If you cancel your lesson less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson then you will be charged at the full lesson rate before any further lessons are arranged. “Excessive cancellations, regardless of notice given and long periods in between each lesson session is unacceptable and may result in us withdrawing our services as your driving instruction provider.”
- If you don’t show up for a lesson at the agreed date/time and location, the instructor will try to contact you when you are 10 minutes late. At 20 minutes late another attempt will be made. If no response/success from the attempt to contact then the instructor is entitled to leave the meeting location which would result in the lesson being lost by you and you will be liable for the full lesson fee.
- If you pay cash in car then a payment in advance is required. This is to cover any late cancellations that may occur. If you do not at anytime cancel late, then the payment can be used towards covering the use of the tuition vehicle for test day.
- If you pay for a block of lessons at a reduced hourly rate and decide you’d like a refund before completing the full block of lessons, the lessons previously delivered will be charged at the normal current hourly rate.
- You should agree with your instructor where your lessons will start and ﬁnish when making any lesson bookings. Changes to your pick up and ﬁnish location will only be considered if good notice is given. If you request a different meeting or ﬁnishing place to that already agreed, your lesson may be shortened to cover any additional traveling time to avoid disrupting other lessons and tests.
- The instructor has the right to withdraw the tuition vehicle for the day of test, if in the instructor’s opinion, the candidate is not deemed to be to the required test standard.
- The instructor has the right to refuse delivery of the scheduled lesson if it is suspected the pupil is under the influence of drugs or alcohol including medically prescribed drugs. The customer will still be charged for the lesson at the agreed lesson rate.
- The instructor can not be responsible for the lesson cancellation due to poor weather or traffic conditions.
- The instructor can not be responsible for the lesson cancellation due to mechanical breakdown, but will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle as soon as possible.
- The instructor will abide by an equal opportunity policy and will not discriminate against race, colour, creed, gender or sexual orientation, etc.
- The instructor will provide a dual controlled car in a clean, roadworthy and tidy condition, fully taxed, insured and fit for purpose.
- The instructor will present themselves in a professional manner and of smart appearance.
- There is a strict no smoking policy in the tuition vehicle.